What follows is an overview of the development of a typical coaching process and session development.
- Initial Conversation: Each potential client schedules a half-hour conversation with Leigh. During that time, the potential-client articulates reasons for a seeking a coach and identifies hoped-for outcomes from the coaching process.
- Good Fit Decision: The client and Leigh decide if there is a ‘good fit’ for both coachee and coach so the coaching process will be successful.
- Assessments: If agreed upon, client completes appropriate formal self-assessments, such as the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator, Thomas-Kilmann Conflict Indicator, etc. for a small fee or informal assessments such as writing a life story. A 360° leadership performance assessment can also be provided for a fee.
- Focus Form (optional): Client writes a list of the topics to be discussed with Leigh and sends it to her via e-mail before the session. The list becomes the Agenda for the coaching session and a way to track progress toward a client’s goals.
- 90-Day Goals (optional): Client sets reasonable expectations for achieving three goals within a 90-Day period.
- Conversation: Client and coach engage in honest and confidential interactions during which client is invited to express deep-seeded ideas or wishes. Leigh listens carefully to what is said and not said in order to discern and offer effective strategies for client success.
- Action Steps: Client and coach agree on a series of specific ways to help client get ‘unstuck’ and on track to realize goals.
- 6-Month Planning Guide: After working with Leigh for a few sessions, the client identifies specific projects then places them on the completion date.
- Resources: Leigh suggests articles, books, blog posts, etc., to help the client build on the insights gained in a coaching session and/or engage in new behaviors to avoid missed opportunities.
After reading this, I still have a question about coaching: Call Leigh at 646-373-4321 or e-mail Leigh@LTR-NYC.com to set up a half-hour complimentary coaching session.