Get Real! Training
Get Real! Real World Leadership Strategies for Unreal Times
Overview: Get Real! is targeted to recent college graduates – the diamonds in the rough who are on their way to leadership positions. Get Real’s! Promise is to develop street smarts and its Outcome is to deepen authentic behaviors of high potentials.
During two days of interactive workshops, attendees will learn approaches, skills, and techniques to assess and understand more clearly dimensions and degrees of authenticity by improving their self-awareness, learning how to navigate landmines, and mastering survival techniques in the real world.
Format: Lecture, discussion, assessments, written exercises, videos, small group activities and role-playing of workplace scenarios.
Length: Classes of 14-20 attendees will meet on two consecutive days or weeks.
Location: Client training room or off-site location.
Objectives: Participating in Get Real! will enable future leaders to:
- Gain awareness of and develop individual authenticity in corporate cultures.
- Learn Who am I? and the boundaries of an outside and inside self.
- Identify beliefs and values in ethical actions to earn employers’ trust.
- Master how to develop a positive profile for future success.
Topics: Day 1: Real People
- Answer Who am I? through self-reflection and assessment.
- Define degrees of authentic presence in the workplace.
- Develop observational awareness to avoid landmines in the environment.
- Learn how to move out of a comfort zone to take risks that can rock the boat.
- Role-play/improvise in skits to experience how to manage up.
- Develop in the moment and strategic decision-making skills.
- Notes recorded in 24-hour Journal of when authentic and when not authentic.
Day 2: Real Work
- Review insights in 24-hour Journal.
- Describe vibes of daily journeys in workplace culture.
- Identify beliefs and values that enrich confidence in authenticity.
- Understand trust followers and clients need from authentic leaders.
- Role-play examples of ethical – and runaway unethical – behavior.
- Review the impact of social media weapons and creation of unreal worlds.
- Master how to dodge bullets and recover from mistakes.
- Do a reality-check of authentic presence and develop a real world action plan.