Resources: Leadership Effectiveness
- Bennis, Warren, On Becoming a Leader. New York: Basic Books, 2003.
- Blanchard, Kenneth and Johnson, Spencer, The One Minute Manager. New York: William Morrow, 1982.
- Bramson, Robert M., Coping with Difficult People. New York: Dell, 1981.
- Drucker, Peter, Management Rev. Ed. New York: HarperBusiness, 2008.
Note: Drucker contributed many very good articles on management in the Harvard Business Review. Drucker died in 2005 when he was 95-years-old; the link that follows is a tribute to Drucker’s expertise in management. http://web.hbr.org/hbr/drucker/index.html
An excellent HRB article is “Managing Yourself.”
- Gardenswartz, Lee and Rowe, Anita, Diverse Teams at Work: Capitalizing on the Power of Diversity. New York: Society for Human Resources Management, 2003.
- Goldsmith, Marshall; Kaye, Beverly; Shelton, Ken, Learn Like a Leader: Today’s Top Leaders Share Their Learning Journeys. Boston,Massachusetts: Nicholas Brealey Publishing, 2010.
- Hesselbein, Francesand Goldsmith, Marshall, Editors, The Organization of the Future 2: Visions, Strategies, and Insights on Managing in a New Era. San Francisco: Jossey-Base, 2009.
- Jarvis, Jeff, What Would Google Do? New York: Collins Business, 2009.
- Lundin, Stephen C., et al, FISH! A Remarkable Way to Boost Morale and Improve Results. New York: Hyperion, 2000.
- Rosenstein, Bruce, Living in More than One World: How Peter Drucker’s Wisdom can Inspire and Transform Your Life. San Francisco,CA: Berrett-Koehler Publishers, 2009.
- Stone, Douglas; Patton, Bruce; Heen, Sheila (The Harvard Negotiation Project), Difficult Conversations: How to Discuss What Matters Most. New York: Penguin, 1999.
- Useem, Michael, The Leadership Moment: Nine True Stories of Triumph and Disaster and Their Lessons for Us All. New York: Three Rivers Press, 1998.